Sunday, October 29, 2006

Road Trip, Day Three:
Mississippi: Flat, empty, and sometimes scary. I tell ya, those people know how to abandon a house. At one point the road we were on, an established route that was indeed on our map, became almost a dirt road, two lanes across with a permanent dotted yellow. It looked like someone's driveway and we had to turn around and confirm that we'd gotten the right road. It wasn't always spooky though. We did stop at the smallest Post Office in the world, which was very quaint. We listened to the Penny Arcade podcasts though Louisiana which are always a riot and we crossed over to Texas mid evening. I saw some genuine Bayou, signs for Plantations, and a lot of very very flat land.

We rolled in at 9 or so to a warm welcome. It's a nice place. It's a big city.

Adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many rest stops have you two had sex in? :P

Nathan said...

None as far as I know. But I can only speak for myself...