Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The last 36 hours
Here’s what I just did:
Monday
8am Got up in Manhattan, dressed, packed overnight bag
9am dropped off laundry at 28th st, grabbed breakfast
10am got Chinatown Bus from Manhattan to Philly
11:55 arrived in Philly, got on subway
12:30 packed up last of apartment into Jeep, cancelled phone, gas, power, set up mail forwarding.
3pm gave away a bunch of furniture to grateful neighborhood trashpickers. Man that stuff went quick…
4:15 Met with landlord, turned in keys.
4:55 went to hardware store
5:10 met folks for drinks at Mad 4 Mex.
Thanks to Judy, Kristen, JT, Bob, Ross, Al, Lisa, Chris, Nadia, Tab, Cat, Castle, and To-Nay for comin’ out to wish me well.
9:30 went to Quizzo at New Deck
Tuesday
12:30am arrived in Conshy with Bob, crashed on their couch for the night.
8am woke up and caught
8:50 train to 30th st. Grabbed breakfast, a CD, and a cab.
10 am Started driving from my former apartment to NYC, (Queens/Moppa’s)
11am stopped for lunch/pee break.
12:10 Had first “driving in Manhattan” experience. Made it through just fine actually. However,
1pm Got hopelessly lost in Queens. Kept my wits about me however and
3pm arrived at my destination, parked, got on the R.
3:45 picked up the laundry at 28th st that I’d dropped off 30 hours before.
4:30 remarked at how much I’ve done in the last day or so. Damn. Typed this.
Now I’m headin’ to the movies…

No comments: